HOW TO HIRE
To hire the Hall or rooms please contact our Booking Secretary either by completing our Booking Form or emailing us at email@example.com
Someone will contact you as soon as possible. You can search for available slots on our calendar of bookings on the website.
Main Hall £17.00 Per Hour main hall includes the use of the Kitchen and the bar area.
Top Room Only £9.00 Per Hour
Bar Area only £7.00 Per Hour
Use Of Kitchen Area only £7.00 Per Hour
Whole Hall £200.00 Per Day
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE – for the purpose of these terms and conditions the following will apply:
HIRER – The person/persons/organisation making the application to hire the Memorial Hall – the hirer must be aged 21 or over
APPLICATIONS – All applications to hire the Hall must be made to and confirmed by the Booking Secretary. For some events the application may need to be considered by the Memorial Hall Committee for approval.
PAYMENT – On receiving the booking confirmation from the Booking Secretary payment will be required as follows:
Person/s hiring the Hall, after consulting with the Booking Secretary, must return the Booking Form as confirmation to the Secretary within two weeks with a deposit of £20.00. If the hire is for the whole Hall the deposit will be £50.00 –to Linda Standeven,94 Station Road, Snettisham, Kings Lynn, Norfolk. Pe31 7qs. all deposits are non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
THE FOLLOWING RULES MUST BE ADHERED TO:
- Hire charges must be paid two weeks prior to your booking date.
- Vacation of the premises must be by the agreed time.
- The premises must be left in a clean and tidy state – all rubbish generated by the hirer must be placed in black plastic bags and placed by the blue wheelie bin situated in the car park. No gas or helium cannisters to be left by the hirer – a £50.00 charge will apply if left.
- All heating, lighting and appliances MUST be turned off at the end of the agreed hire. All doors and windows must be checked and closed/locked before leaving the premises. In the event of the heating being left on, there will be a charge of £10.00 per heater per hour as they may be running for the whole night.
- Smoking – the hall is a no smoking zone – cigarette boxes are located outside the entrance to the hall – please use them
- Damages / Incidents / Fire / H&S – a book is provided inside the main door and the hirer is required to sign to state there is no damage to the building or property – any damage or breakages must be paid for. The hirer must also log any incidents that occur during the hire which involve the police or complaints from local residents. Hirer also to sign to confirm they received a fire safety brief and H&S brief for the kitchen.
- Catering – the holding of food hygiene certificates is the responsibility of the hirer.
- Kitchen – No children under the age of 16 are permitted in the kitchen. If the cooker, fridge or any other kitchen items are used, the hirer must ensure they are left in a clean condition. The hirer must receive a kitchen health safety brief from the booking secretary.
- Hall Furniture – any furniture used/moved by the hirer must be wiped clean and returned to its original/storage place before you leave the premises.
- Entertainment and Music – where the hall is hired for dances or such other events providing entertainment or music, such entertainment or music shall cease no later than 11:45pm. Music must be reduced to a level that is acceptable to the halls nearest neighbors by 11:00pm so as not to cause a disturbance. The hiring shall be subject to the provision and conditions of the entertainment license granted to the Memorial Hall by the Borough Council of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk as the Licensing Authority.
- Pyrotechnics – Fireworks and bonfires are not permitted within the premises/grounds.
- Portable Appliance Testing – all electrical equipment brought into the hall must be PAT tested.
- Bubble Machines – are not to be used in the Main Hall
- Car Park/Security – Car park gates must be shut and the chain placed across the entrance before you leave. If extra parking is required you can use the sports field car park. The trustees will not be responsible for any vehicles damaged in the car parks.
- Fire Orders – the hirer will receive a fire briefing document from the booking secretary on confirmation of the booking. The hirer is responsible for everyone attending the venue..
- Alcohol – The Memorial Hall is a licensed premises – The licensee is the MHT Committee of Trustees The following rules apply:
– Only alcoholic drinks purchased from the bar are permitted to be consumed in the hall
– Any persons seen to be consuming alcoholic drinks not purchased from the bar will be asked to leave
– When the bar is open the local authority do carry out spot checks, then the hirer will be liable to prosecution
- Decorations – decorating the hall may be permitted but only by prior agreement from the trustees – such decorations include posters; advertisements; bunting and flags and all must be carefully removed at the end of the hire to avoid damage.
THE HIRER MUST ENSURE THEY HAVE READ THE CONDITIONS OF HIRE BEFORE SIGNING THE BOOKING AGREEMENT – YOU WILL BE NOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS