Trustees – The trustees of Snettisham Memorial Hall administer and manage the many village events organised around this well established venue. The nearby village pavillion, playing field and tennis court are also managed by the board of trustees on behalf of the village.
Memorial Hall – Snettisham Memorial hall was built in 1888, when the residents of Snettisham village raised £500 by selling £1 shares, to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria. Since that time the Memorial hall has undergone a number of alterations and renovations. Today, Snettisham Memorial hall is the hub of much of village life.
Snettisham memorial hall is available for hire and has a large downstairs room capable of seating up to 160 people. This is regularly used for dances, functions, indoor bowls, club activities, Parish Council meetings and the village cinema. There is also a bar area and kitchen facilities which can be made available. Upstairs is a smaller room which is also available for hire, this room is more suitable for meetings and exhibitions. There are also male and female toilet facilities. The memorial hall has disabled access and disabled toilet facilities. There is a car parking area available for up to 12 vehicles.
Playing Field – There is an old wall along the right hand side of the Old Church Road on the north side of the playing field. This was probably the wall around part of the plantations of the stylman’s which stretched from the old hall property to the old park and “New Bridge on the south side of the field”. On the east side is Barkers pond which flows under the New church road. The field is now a beautiful well maintained sports field and has picturesque view of “St. Mary’s Church”, Football and Cricket matches at both Senior and Junior level are played, School sports, the annual village fete, car boots and other village events also use the sports field. There is a car parking area available for up to 15 vehicles.
Car boots are held on the playing field during the summer months, and the funds raised go to the village clubs and organisations, as well as the village hall, money raised from these sources are also used to maintain and improve the village hall, village pavilion and sports field.
Village Pavilion (Social Centre) – On the west side of the sports field is the village pavilion which was built in 1949. The foundation stone reads: “Erected by public subscriptions and voluntary labour as a memorial to those who gave their lives in World War 2″. The pavilion was opened by Mr. W. H. Thompson and dedicated by Dr. Herbert, the then Bishop of Norwich. The builders Bowman, Cutting and Twiddy gave their services free. The Pavilion is a War Memorial and is registered with the Imperial War Museum in the War Memorial Register and the Reference Number is 81542. The Pavilion is also registered with the War Memorials reference number 6541.